What to expect in your Guest House
Breakfast, meals & more:
- begin your day with a diverse breakfast,
- enjoy the lovely breakfast terrace
- a solar heated saltwater pool
- garden terrace / pool loungers / extra pool towel
- we arrange for you a barbeque/ braai*
- Wellness & Spa treatments*
- reservations in restaurant or golf course
- book and / or drive to an enjoyable GAME DRIVE*
- information materials and leaflets
- Free Wi Fi
Transfers and more:
- Airport Transfer*
- transfers to Golfcourses*
- driving to winefarms*
- daytours around Cape Town or sesonal Hermanus*
* Individual appointments and prices are available on request
Attractions in & around Somerset West
Welcome to Somerset West, South Africa
Windermere Quinns Holiday Home is situated in the picturesque town of Somerset West in the heart of the Western Cape.
It is also the spring-board to the renowned “Garden Route” as well as to the gate of the great “Winelands” district of South Africa.
Top wineries like “Lourensford” and “Vergere” are our neighbors and can be reached on foot. Also “Morgenster” with wine and olive cultivation should definitely be visited.
Cape Town, Table Mountain, the Waterfront as well as the “Cape of Good Hope” and “Cape Point” are easily accessible.
Simply the ideal holiday destination for day trips in this beautiful part of the world.
- the historic Vergelegen Wine Estate
- the Championchip Golf Course Erinvale
- additional excellent golf courses for any handicap golfer
- the Sir Lowry’s Pass – 3 Pass Tour
- Monkey Town to the east of Somerset West
- beautiful beaches in close proximity
- excellent shopping opportunities
- excellent restaurants
- the Helderberg Nature Reserve, with its plentiful bird and plant life, creating a paradise for nature lover
- tennis, cycling, horse riding, angling, diving or surfing
- Table Mountain – 1087m above sea level, the true trade mark of Cape Town, can be scaled by foot or by panoramic cable car
- V&A Waterfront – old harbour, historic buildings, shopping and culinary paradise, meeting spot for many and for everybody
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens – founded 1913, on approximately 600ha you will find more than 6000 species of plants, from Protea to Pansy
- Robben Island – this is home to thousands of penguins, seals, ostriches, springboks and turtles. Nelson Mandela was held prisoner here in cell number 5
- False Bay – including Muizenberg, Kalk Bay, Fish Hoek, Simons Town and Cape Point. The most scenic drive over Chapman’s Peak down Chapman’s Peak Drive
- Winelands – Stellenbosch, Franschoek and Paarl, traditional as well as the most modern wine estates. Here you will find the most ” Heavenly Drops ” of the Cape
- Hermanus – fascinating whale watching points. From June to December you may catch sight of up to 80 whales at a time. Mothers with calves
- Cape Agulhas – the most southern tip of Africa, where Atlantic and Indian Oceans meet
Terms & Conditions
Reservation / Booking:
50% deposit of total amount is required in order to secure your reservation. The rest amount will be paid before arrival or by arrangement.
Please contact us on:
We recommend travel insurance.
Our full range of facilities are available during your stay including our pool *all to your own risk! * no safety guard
We take no responsibility for the content of external links. For the content of linked pages their operators are responsible.